Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Can't get away with anything....

I mentioned in my last post that there are video cameras everywhere in our community........

................A few days ago there was a knock on our door and I opened it to a lady from our service center (who we know and like), and two stern faced women who I had never met.   The woman I know seemed nervous.    Here was our conversation.......
..
(her)   Hello Madam.   I need you to sign this...(hands me a form in Chinese)

(me)  What is it?    

(her)   Ah, these women are management.   They say you must sign.   Kids shrub fun.

(me)   I'm sorry, I don't understand.   Kids shrub fun?     (the other women start speaking chinese (sternly))

(her)   Ah,  they won't make you pay this time.   but you must sign and must pay next time.

(me)   I'm sorry, I still don't understand.   What is "kids shrub fun"?    (Then all of a sudden, I realized she was telling me that the kids were playing in the bushes and I guess were not supposed to).    I said;   "Oh, you mean my kids were playing in the bushes?"

(her)  (visibly relieved that I understood),   yes, yes, yes.    (The other women spoke in Chinese again (sternly))      

(me)  What are they saying?

(her)   They say "We have video".        :-)





5 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying your blog. I keep trying to leave comments but the system will not let me. Are they damaging the bushes? Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha......so funny. Well one thing we know for sure, it wasn't Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to funny...Missing you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally know what you mean by stern women. You should know how to say "back off" in Chinese.

    ReplyDelete